BELGLAS uses the open source UBUNTU Linux operating system for his own purposes but with bigger customers, we work on their PC, which is always a Windows operating system. Updates are always irritating but this time, we were very happy.
It was announced that WINDOWS should have integrated the Ubuntu BASH shell, which is a typical LINUX operating system. This BASH shell works well within the WINDOWS system besides the POWERSHELL and should allow to run every program which runs under Ubuntu Linux. We tested already the GNU FORTRAN compiler and it seems to work well.
BELGLAS is now able to deliver programs which can be run on a WINDOWS computer although they were developed with GNU FORTRAN under LINUX. All the programs, written by BELGLASCZ will be available on a Dropbox server after simple request for known users.
The programs will not be open source because the FORTRAN source will not be shared. The programs are free to use without any responsibility for BELGLAS. The following programs will be shortly free of charge available:
- calculation of the thermal stress during annealing
- determination of the thermal conductivity with the low cost BELGLAS thermal conductivity measurement system.
- calculation of the thermal stress on a cold and hot pipe
- simulation of glass foaming
- calculation of a budget price for a cellular production environment (CAPEX)
- calculation of cellular glass production cost (OPEX)
For all these programs, BELGLAS will perform installation and consultancy if needed at an acceptable fee.